If you've followed my blog for a while, you may remember the big swap I hosted a few times altready now: the Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt!
What is it?
It is a swap aimed two connect to strangers via mail by having them randomly paired, and exchanging a package full of wonders!
What are the rules?
- You'll be assigned to one secret partner that you must keep secret, until a precise date when we'll all be revealing what we sent and received and who our partner was.
- You'll have to find/create five object wrote down on a list (that will be available once the partners are assigned), and buy one surprise for your partner.
- After max. 12 days from the revealing of the list, you'll have to send out your parcel and email me a picture of it for proof.
- Once you receive your parcel from your "secret penpal" you'll have to make a post on your platform of choice and share it on the set date.
Some additional things you may want to know:
- This project is completely free to join, the only condition is that you have to be an active blogger, or even very active on Instagram or a user of The Postal Society. (read more about it below)
- However, you can support it by donating, or sign up to be an 'angel'. (read more about it below)
- All the objects in the list won't be expensive, on the contrary they'll be object that need to be literally "found" - in your stash, in the street and so on.. - or that you can create yourself.
- Therefore, used things are an acceptable bargaining chip but you must make sure that they're clean, in good condition, and not damaged.
- Your address won't be shared to anyone except your "secret penpal" which will be asked to keep it secret.
- Partners will be assigned randomly. So please be prepared to ship internationally.
- However, on the sign up form you can express a preference whether if you'd prefer to ship outside your Continent or not, but it will be possible only depending on the participants.
- This is a one time only penpal exchange, which means that after the swap you don't necessarily need to become penpal with your partner unless you both want to.
Sign ups close on February 16th.
You'll receive your match and list on February 19th.
Your package needs to be sent out by February 26th.
You'll receive an email every few days to remind you of all the deadlines.
Donations & Angels:
As I mentioned above, this year I'm introducing donations. Why, you may ask: well, that's because last year a small handful of people ended up not receiving their package. As much as I'd love to be able to send them all something, I unfortunately don't have the means to do it on my own, so any amount I'll receive via donations will go towards a fund to be used in case of emergency.
However, donations aren't just that. To reward you for your generosity, you'll be entitled to the following:
- You'll receive your match on February 16th, so you'll have some extra days to hunt & ship.
- You'll receive a postcard from me, as a thank you for being extra awesome, OR in the event of not having to use that money towards the swap, I will send you something from my etsy shop of equal value to your donation.
Another way to help, would be signing up to be an 'angel', that is showing your availability to send a package to whoever may end up empty handed.
Both those possibilities are obviously optional and completely up to you.
In order to participate, as mentioned above, you're required to be an active blogger either on Blogspot, Wordpress or Tumblr, or even very active on Instagram or being a member of the Postal Society. Last year I was quite permissive, but this time all the entries will undergo a more detailed check to prevent any flakers. I grant myself the right not to accept everyone unconditionally, so if I don't consider you eligible, I'm sorry but I'll have to keep you out of this round.
- This swap will be a Round Robin (i.e. = A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A and so on);
- The list of things to find, will be the same for everyone. It will be composed by 10 object BUT you'll have to find only 5 of them + a gift that you will have to buy based on your partner's preferences. The spending minimum for the gift is ~3€/$4/£2.50;
- The "about me" section has a limit of 200 characters, so please double check that your text won't end up being cut by the system.
So, do you wanna join?
Thank you to all 86 of you who joined! The signup is now closed <3
Paste this HTML code on your website to display the participant button:
<a href="bit.ly/1GNnFf0"> <img src="http://tinyurl.com/q9ft3z2" width="250px"></a>
I really hope you'll like the idea! Feel free to comment below if you have any questions and I'll get back at you as soon as I can!