Although I not one to make new year's resolutions, last year I decided to set a few goals anyway, and I'm pleased to announce that I've successfully achieved most of them!
- Keep up with my Filofax ✔ Last year I started using a pocket sized Filofax to get more organized. Since then I upgraded to a KikkiK medium planner, and then finally to a large Ban.do agenda I'm still using to this day, and I'm very pleased with!
- Work on more products for my Etsy shop ✔ I've listed a bunch of fun handmade stickers (which are now one of my favorite thing to make), but my goal was more aimed towards a cohesive collection, so.. half success? Either way I'm pretty happy with what I've done and lots of you seem to have liked my stickers, which is what matters most to me anyway!
- Exercise more ✔ I've been going to the gym 2x/week, which is 2x/week more often than last year :P
- Graduate University ✔ Even though I finished writing my thesis back in July, I only graduated in 'cognitive psychology' this past November, and I couldn't be happier to be done with it once and for all! ☺
- Get my half sleeve tattoo done ✘ This one sadly didn't happen. My tattoo artist advised me against getting my sleeve done because of some ill placed moles that would have "ruined the flow of the composition" so yeah, I had to follow her advice even if my heart broke a little. On the other hand, I'm still planning to get another tattoo, so there's that!
- Host a new snail mail related project ✔ The third installment of the Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt took place, we've had a few bumps in the road but the majority of the participant had a positive experience, and it definitely made me want to host another one in the next year as well.
- Read at least 5 books ✔ Yay, I've smashed this one! I've actually read 45 books.. what?! I've always been a bookworm but ever since I got into Uni I started reading less and less, so it was so good to have more time to dedicate to it.
- Start a new scrapbook ✔ This one is only half completed, as I've only created a scrapbook page every month up until June when I suddenly stopped.
- Keep an art journal ✘ Nope, this didn't happen. On the other hand, I filled in so many sketchbook this year that I'm not even mad that I didn't get around and make an art journal just for the sake of it; my objective was to incentivate my creativity, but I guess I still accomplished that, just in a different way.
- Always write more ✘ I'm not totally satisfied with this one either. I still wrote letters this year, but I've lost touch with a few people and was really sad and disappointed by it, and it kind of put me in a weird funk. However, I'm determined to be back on track sooner than later.
For 2016 I decided not to set specific goals, just a couple of general ones: create a monthly booklet (inspired by Tiffany and my experience back in October) to document my life, and to fill even more sketchbooks!
What are some of your resolutions for the new year? ♥