A while back, the lovely Alex from Devalayermail nominated me for a Liebster Award, so here goes!
- Mention the person who nominated you on your own blog and link them.
- Answer the 11 questions chosen by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5 to 11 more blogs you like who have less than 200 followers
- Create your 11 questions
- Let your nominees know!
1) Why did you start blogging?
I think it was because I didn't have any friends that shared my same interests but still wanted to talk about them, so a blog was the perfect way to do it.
2) Which book had been the most influential in your life?
Maybe "the very hungry caterpillar" because it first got me into reading? I mostly read thrillers and mystery, and not many of those really impacted my life. Another one that was very meaningful to me was Norwegian Wood by Murakami.
3) What’s the most interesting thing that happened to you this last month?
How sad is that I can't think of anything?! If you need me I'll be weeping in a corner of my hermit mansion.
4) Which is your favourite mythical creature?
Probably sirens, not in the 'little mermaid' kinda style as much as in a rougher more traditional sense. Also if vampires count, I think they're pretty cool too.
5) What’s your dream travel destination and why?
I'd genuinely love to visit every country in the world, but on top of my list there's probably Japan. The reason would be their beautiful culture and landscapes, but also because, little known fact, I used to study Japanese, so it would be really fun to try and use my rusty - and very basic - knowledge of the language.
6) Best movie to watch as Spring descends upon us?
The first one to pop in my mind was My Neighbor Totoro ♥
7) Dream career when you were six?
Oh dear, that's a toughie.. I can barely remember what I had for dinner yesterday! I went through many dream job phases growing up, but according to my mother, at six I wanted to be either an actress (which seems so ridiculous now, considering that even the thought of public speaking makes me want to puke) or a writer, which still a perfectly acceptable possibility.
8) Biggest adventure you’ve ever gone on?
That must be the Interrail trip my friends and I went to for our highschool graduation. We went to Prague, Berlin, and Amsterdam - with a few stops in between - all by train for a total of 24 days of travelling. A few of the craziest things that happen to us, was to be stranded in a deserted station in the middle of nowhere at 4AM, or probably the 24h straight train ride back home from Amsterdam.
9) Fictional world you’d like to move to?
I wouldn't mind being a witch in Harry Potter's world, or live in the Matrix.
10) Hobby that’s currently taking up the most of your time?
Definitely reading, and drawing stupid watercolor flowers.
11) Best recipe for a Sunday brunch dish?
Definitely amaranth omelette! Besides being really yummy they're also perfect if you're intolerant to gluten and/or lactose.
- What's your favorite and least favorite part of having a blog?
- What are some of your sources of inspiration?
- If you were given $100 to spend on yourself, what would you buy first?
- Do you have any 'guilty' pleasures?
- What's your favorite word in a foreign language?
- What's the story behind a random object in your room?
- What's your most bought stationery item?
- How do you like your tea/coffee?
- Do you have any crafts related favorite book?
- What's something about you that would be impossible to assume?
- Do you collect anything?
Also if anyone else reading this post fancy playing, you can use my questions and consider yourself tagged :D Just link me the post afterwards, I'd love to read!