I hope you guys will be as excited as me knowing that it's time for a new edition of the Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt! If you're interested in taking part to it, please keep reading ☺
WHAT IS IT?
It is a swap aimed to connect to strangers via mail by having them randomly paired, and exchanging a package full of wonders!
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- You'll be assigned to one secret partner that you must keep secret, until a precise date when we'll all be revealing what we sent and received and who our partner was.
- You'll have to find/create five object wrote down on a list (that will be available once the partners are assigned), and buy one surprise for your partner.
- After max. 10 days from the revealing of the list, you'll have to send out your parcel and email me a picture of it for proof.
- Once you receive your parcel from your "secret penpal" you'll have to make a post on your platform of choice and share it on the set date.
SOME ADDITIONAL THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW
- This project is completely free to join, the only condition is that you have to be an active blogger, or even very active on Instagram or a user of The Postal Society. (read more about it below)
- You can support it by signing up to be an 'angel'. (read more about it below)
- All the objects in the list won't be expensive, on the contrary they'll be object that need to be literally "found" - in your stash, in the street and so on.. - or that you can create yourself.
- Therefore, used things are an acceptable bargaining chip but you must make sure that they're clean, in good condition, and not damaged.
- Your address won't be shared to anyone except your "secret penpal" which will be asked to keep it secret.
- Partners will be assigned randomly. So please be prepared to ship internationally.
- However, on the sign up form you can express a preference whether if you'd prefer to ship outside your Continent or not, but it will be possible only depending on the participants.
- This is a one-time-only penpal exchange, which means that after the swap you don't necessarily need to become penpal with your partner unless you both want to.
Sign ups close on February 18th.
You'll receive your match and list on February 21th.
Your package needs to be sent out by February 29th (max March 2nd).
Signing up as an Angel means that you are showing your availability to send a package to whoever may end up empty handed. Unfortunately, despite trying my absolute best to keep everything under control, there is always a chance that something like this may happen. Only if this occurs, you'll be then contacted and matched with a new person.
Being an Angel is obviously optional and completely up to you.
In order to participate, as mentioned above, you're required to either be an active blogger, Instagram user, or being a member of the Postal Society. Last year I was quite permissive, but this time all the entries will undergo a more detailed check to prevent any flakers. I grant myself the right not to accept everyone unconditionally, so if I don't consider you eligible, I'm sorry but I'll have to keep you out of this round.
- This swap will be a Round Robin (i.e. = A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A and so on);
- The list of things to find, will be the same for everyone. It will be composed by 10 object BUT you'll have to find only 5 of them + a gift that you will have to buy based on your partner's preferences. The minimum amount to spend on the gift is ~5$/£/€;
- The "about me" section has a limit of 200 characters, so please double check that your text won't end up being cut by the system.
SO, DO YOU WANNA JOIN?
UPDATE: max number of participants reached! Thanks everyone for singing up, if your application is accepted, you'll receive an email to confirm that.
To see some pictures of the last SPSH, check out these tags on Instagram: #spsh2015 & #secretpenpalscavengerhunt.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment or contact me!
Enjoy, ƒ x